I obviously found a significant amount of value in The Visitor bc I went out and picked up another book by Andrews the next day. This one took a bit longer to read, but that is not due to a lack of interest on my part. This book required me to slow down and think. I believe I underlined more in this book than any other I have read before. It’s not that anything lifechanging was reveald to me for the first time, it’s more like truth that I have always known was affirmed and applied in a lifechanging way. The seven truths carefully gifted from well known historical and spiritual figures are –
- The buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future.
- I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others.
- I am a person of action. I seize this moment. I choose now.
- I have a decided heart. My destiny is assured.
- Today I will choose to be happy. I am the possessor of a grateful spirit.
- I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit. I will forgive myself.
- I will persist without exception. I am a person of great faith.